by Kate Rieger
If you are a cat owner you may notice that cats usually tolerate whatever pain they feel. This may be the reason why feline lower urinary tract disorder is considered the most misdiagnosed disorder in cats. You will never notice them suffering from this problem until such a time that they are in the worst situation. As the owner, you should know what the signs of feline lower urinary tract disease are so you could treat your cat earlier.
There are several therapies for a feline lower urinary tract disorder that you can use at home to avoid putting your cat through undue suffering and to eliminate unnecessary medication expenses as well.
Listed below are some of the common symptoms of feline urinary problems:
1. Your cat may be tired, weak, or exhausted most of the time and the reason is that because he is suffering from feline lower urinary tract disease. Check his temperature as this behavior goes along with a fever. Let the vet check him so you would know how to treat your cat.
2. You cat's frequent urination is a very common symptom of the feline lower urinary tract disorder. Notice how frequently your cat urinates so you would know if his potty pattern is not normal. Also, give your cat clean water every day to promote a healthy urinary tract.
3. Observe your cat while he urinates or if there are "misses" of urine outside the litter box. If he has problem while urinating, then, this is another symptom of feline lower urinary tract disease. Your cat may be having problems urinating and he might need immediate attention. Don't let the first 72 hours to pass by without bringing your cat to the vet clinic.
4. Also, one of the most common symptoms of feline lower urinary tract disorder is that your cat fails to reach his litter box to urinate. Your cat may be delaying his urine elimination so that he misses the litter box altogether.
5. Another thing to check is the way your cat grooms his genitals. If he does it more often or if he is crying while grooming, then, your cat may be battling a feline UTI. Its time to bring him immediately to a vet clinic - don't wait for it to 'just get better.'
6. Another symptom of feline lower urinary tract disorder is your cat's tummy. If his abdomen is swelling or a little tender, bring him to the vet and let them give your cat the immediate attention he needs.
7. Presence of blood on your cat's urine is also a symptom of urinary infection, so always check his litter box and if you notice traces of blood, bring him right away to your vet.
Here is the summary of the 7 Symptoms of Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease
1. Cat is exhausted
2. Frequent urinating
3. Strains at the litter box
4. Cat urinates outside of litter box
5. Frequent grooming of his genitals
6. Cat has tender abdomen
7. Blood in your cat's urine
Know the common symptoms of feline lower urinary tract disorder and the home therapy that you can do to help your cat treat this disease or prevent it from harming your cat. There are basic steps you can do even without prescription medication. Just let the vet check first if your cat needs extensive treatment or if home therapy is enough to keep your cat in proper fitness.
Now that you know this, let others know it too. Share it with them and look for the right homeopathic treatments to make your cat's urinary tract clean, clear and healthy again.
About the Author
Kate Rieger is partnered with the Kentucky S.N.I.P clinic where they provide affordable solutions for pet owners in the Kentuckiana region. Visit Kate's site today to learn more about a natural remedy for treating a feline lower urinary tract disorder and discover how to naturalize your pet care at http://www.Pet-Natural-Remedies.com .